Work with Us
Interested in working with Balance Home Services?
To be eligible to work with our organisation, all applicants need to have the following:
- DCSI Disability employment check or Working with Children check
- NDIS Compliance Module
- Aged Care/*Disability/Childcare qualification, minimum Cert III or actively working towards. This preferable for Childcare and Aged Care however essential for *Disability Care
- Experience in the field is required (through placement/paid/volunteer work)
- Child Safe Environment (Childcare only)
- Manual handling (Essential for Disability and Aged Care, desirable for Childcare)
- Apply First Aid, (Essential for Disability/Aged Care and Childcare)
- Hand Hygiene
- Drivers licence and roadworthy car
- Domestic cleaners ONLY - do not need to hold a qualification however need to demonstrate prior work experience in the field
You will be working with people with high level disabilities including brain injury, medical needs and mental health disorders. Our staff needs to be able to work autonomously as well as in a small team and they must be able to empathise with clients and meet their needs. Our staff may also need to be a companion or escort and transport clients to appointments or to community events.
Working with children from birth-18yrs, ranging from a typical developing child to those with high level medical needs and/or disabilities. Child carers need to work autonomously and use initiative. They will sometimes work with children affected by trauma and also families with severe mental health disorders. Carers need to understand the importance of diversity and the ability to be understanding when working in a multi-cultural society.
Domestic and Gardener / Handyman Services
Many of our clients with challenging life situations will benefit from a clean house and/or a tidy garden. Experience, a DCSI child related employment check, drivers’ licence and a roadworthy car are essential if you would like to work in these areas.
Are you a skilled and flexible person who can be available at short notice?
We welcome applications from all backgrounds and abilities. We stress that all people applying, due to the specialised nature of our service, need to have a comprehensive understanding of written and verbal English and be able to speak English well.
Our service offers 24-hour care, 7 days a week, 52 weeks a year.
Balance Home Services takes full responsibility for the employment of our field staff in terms of payment of wages, taxation, insurances, and superannuation if they earn over $450.00 per week. All our field staff are employed on a casual basis and can work up to 40 hours per week.
All resumes must include professional referees, and at least 2 must be reflective of a work environment (preferable the area you are applying for).
If you meet our criteria, we look forward to hearing from you.