Work with Us
Interested in working with Balance Home Services?
To be eligible to work with our organisation, all applicants need to have the following:
- DCSI Disability employment check or Working with Children check issued before 01/02/2021
- NDIS Worker Check
- NDIS Worker Orientation Module
- Aged Care/Disability/Individual support qualification, minimum Cert III or actively working towards.
- Experience in the field is required (through placement/paid/volunteer work)
- Child Safe Environment (Through Their Eyes) (Childcare only)
- Manual handling
- Provide First Aid HLTAID003 or higher
- First Aid Kit
- NDIS Infection Control Module
- Drivers licence and certification of roadworthy car (vehicle safety checklist will be provided)
- 100 points of ID
- A current drivers licensee and use of a vehicle.
- Domestic cleaners ONLY - do not need to hold a qualification however need to demonstrate prior work experience in the field
You will be working with people with high level disabilities including brain injury, medical needs and mental health disorders. Our staff needs to be able to work autonomously as well as in a small team and they must be able to empathise with clients and meet their needs. Our staff may also need to be a companion or escort and transport clients to appointments or to community events.
Domestic and Gardener / Handyman Services
Many of our clients with challenging life situations will benefit from a clean house and/or a tidy garden. Experience, a DCSI child related employment check (issued prior to 1/2/21) or an NDIS check, drivers’ licence and a roadworthy car are essential if you would like to work in these areas.
Are you a skilled and flexible person who can be available at short notice?
We welcome applications from all backgrounds and abilities. We stress that all people applying, due to the specialised nature of our service, need to have a comprehensive understanding of written and verbal English and be able to speak English well.
Our service offers 24-hour care, 7 days a week, 52 weeks a year.
Balance Home Services takes full responsibility for the employment of our field staff in terms of payment of wages, taxation, insurances, and superannuation if they earn over $450.00 per week. All our field staff are employed on a casual basis and can work up to 38 hours per week.
All resumes must include professional referees, and at least 2 must be reflective of a work environment (preferable the area you are applying for).
If you meet our criteria, we look forward to hearing from you.